If you or someone you know needs help paying for phone service or equipment, we urge you to explore the programs below:
Lifeline is a government program that offers qualified low-income households a discount on their monthly local telephone bill — eligible Kansan’s can save up to $17.02. These benefits apply to local telephone service charges purchased as flat rate service, and will also cover the subscriber line charge. Lifeline can only be applied to one wireless OR landline telephone per household.
To be eligible for Lifeline, you must be enrolled in one of the following programs:
- • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- • Medicaid
- • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- • Veterans Pension & Survivors Benefit
- • Section 8 Public Housing assistance
- • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- • United Tribes Food Distribution Program
- • Additional eligibility criteria may apply to residents of federally recognized tribal lands
Income-based eligibility is based on total household income at or below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
For more information about Lifeline, visit: www.kcc.state.ks.us
Contact your local Cunningham Telephone and Cable with any question or help with application process.