Kansas Lifeline Program

If you or someone you know needs help paying for phone service or equipment, we urge you to explore the programs below:

Lifeline is a government program that offers qualified low-income households a discount on their monthly local telephone bill — eligible Kansan’s can save up to $17.02. These benefits apply to local telephone service charges purchased as flat rate service, and will also cover the subscriber line charge. Lifeline can only be applied to one wireless OR landline telephone per household.

To be eligible for Lifeline, you must be enrolled in one of the following programs:

  • • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • • Medicaid
  • • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • • Veterans Pension & Survivors Benefit
  • • Section 8 Public Housing assistance 
  • • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • • United Tribes Food Distribution Program
  • • Additional eligibility criteria may apply to residents of federally recognized tribal lands

Income-based eligibility is based on total household income at or below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

For more information about Lifeline, visit: www.kcc.state.ks.us

Contact your local Cunningham Telephone and Cable with any question or help with application process.

Link Up helps households reduce the cost of initiating telephone service. This program pays some of the cost of connecting local telephone service to your home or activating wireless phone service. However, Link Up does not cover the cost of wiring inside your home.

If you qualify for Lifeline, you also qualify for Link Up. You will follow the same application process and proof of eligibility as Lifeline. Keep in mind that being a Lifeline or Link Up customer does not protect you from being disconnected if you fail to pay your telephone bill, and Lifeline and Link Up discounts cannot be applied to an outstanding balance owed to your phone company.

Individuals who have a hearing, vision, speech, cognitive or mobility disability/ impairment can receive a free telephone if the following eligibility requirements are met:

  • • Have residency in the state of Kansas
  • • Have telephone service in the home/residence
  • • Have a disability or impairment in which a specialized telephone would be more helpful
  • • Have a household gross income of less than $55,000 per year

For more information or to request a TAP application:

785-234-0200 (Voice)
785-234-0207 (TTY)


Telephone Support

Glen Elder
(785) 545-3215
1 (800) 287-8495

(785) 527-2226

(785) 243-4068

(785) 534-1111

Where in{{ currentCity }}, KS do you live?

What type of service are you looking for?

What city do you live in?